I’m married to a cycling fanatic who also happens to be a bloody good artist too. So my life is either filled with our gorgeous family’s life, wedding & event planning or bikes. So it’s only natural for me to accumulate lots of cycling ideas for event themes along the way. Plus my super hubby has made many a wedding gift or cake topper in his time, check out his (shamelessly plugged) work below 🙂
So if you hoping to bring your hobby into your wedding day, here’s how.
1. Wheel decoration, ideal for using up those old wheels and spare tyres
2. The perfect table plan holder (remember homemade spoky dokey’s?)
3. Keep cool and be cool with these water bottles.
6. Homemade bicycle bunting, learn how to make your own here
7. Why not get creative with your guest book, like this image found over on Etsy where you can purchase your own here
8. Signpost your wedding with a whole new take on props
9. Surround yourself with all the cycling love you can, we love this rustic wedding from the Ruffled blog with lots of pretty bikes to decorate the venue.
10. Saving the best till last …. (ok I’m biased as this is where I get to shout about my super talented hubby!) if you want to really enjoy a personalised & creative side to your cycling wedding theme then why not have a hand-painted mini you on display, perhaps as a gift to your new husband or have a pair of them riding over your wedding cake! Rowley creates these little 5cm pieces of artistic brilliance for customers all over the world, here are some images of a recent wedding cake topper that was really well received.
If you’d like to see more of Rowley’s work and order a mini cyclist for yourself (either of yourself or of one of your cycling hero’s) you can follow him on Instagram here
Finally, here are some more ideas you could adopt for your wedding day theme and style …
Click to follow the blog below to ensure you are the first to hear our latest news and views as The Wedding Expert.
See you on Friday!