I always love the transformation that takes place when a bride is pampered and preened, I think it’s always a nice way to start your wedding day with having a make over! Natasha Wiggins – professional Hair and Make up artist shares her fabulous top tips for getting wedding-ready on the big day, let’s meet her now ..
Q1 Tell us a little about yourself
I have been doing hair and makeup for brides for over 11 years and it is an amazing job. I love helping brides create the perfect look for the wedding day and I must say not many people can say they really love their job .
Over the 11 and half years I have built up a team of hair and makeup artist that work for me they all share the same passion as me for doing hair and makeup
Q2 What made you want to work in the wedding industry?
I have allways wanted to do hair and makeup from a young age and I really wanted to do bridal hair and makeup as I love creating all the different hair and makeup styles . It is not just about doing the hair and makeup . You become their friend on the wedding day and you help them with all of their needs .
Q3 What do your clients love about you and your work?
Lots of are clinets love the styles we create and that we are natural hair and makeup company we do not over do the makeup or the hair and try and encourage are brides to still look like themselves rather than change themselves too much and the groom not knowing who they are . All our makeup looks are very natural we try and make you look like you but with a natural glow
Q4 What do you think makes a good wedding?
What I think makes a good wedding is that the bride feels confident and comfortable with everything she has chosen. This means that she can be relaxed and confident on the wedding day without having to worry about what is going on and if people are going to turn up to set it up etc
Q5 What’s been your favourite wedding so far?
My favorite wedding was in a castle in cornwall and it had a rustic feel with Cornish food for all the guest. I love all the rustic weddings .
Q6 What is your top tip for couples?
My top tips would be for the bride rather than for the groom as I mainly see brides . When you are looking for a hair and makeup artist these are the tips I would give you.
- Make sure that you do not have your trial too far in advance as your skin tone can change which will change the makeup, also so that you already have anything that you are going to have in your hair on the day
- If you have thick hair wash it the night before the trial, if it is fine then wash on the day of the trial and just blow-dry it. Please do not straighten it
- Wear a white t-shirt or make sure you have a white sheet or towel to put up against you so that you can see how the make-up looks against a pale colour as the white/ivory can make you looked washed out and pale. The makeup is done to stop you looking pale and pasty with your wedding dress so may look a bit different to normal as we do not normally wear white
- Make sure that you do your home work before the trial look for pictures of hair and makeup styles that you do and don’t like, get these ready to show at the trial so that you and the artist are on the same wave length. Also show a picture of what you normally wear to your artist so they know how much makeup you normally have on
- When looking for images to choose look for ladies that have a similar skin tone and hair colour to yourself if they look different to you then the look may look different on you. Also when looking at images if you have a tiara or a comb you need to bear in mind that if the pictures dot have these then it may look different on you
- Remember that bridal make-up needs to have enough colours to compensate for the whiteness of the dress. There’s a big difference between everyday clothes and a wedding dress, so there should be difference in your make-up, too. Start by making sure your skin looks even and smooth, and then add colour to your cheeks and lips to give them a glow
- Your mum needs to have their outfit before they have the trial as the colour of the outfit they go for will change there makeup a lot
- If you are going to have a fake tan, hair colour change or semi pernemant lashes you will need these done for the trial as they can again give you a different look
- Focus on the most important elements of your look, such as beautifully natural-looking skin, softly groomed brows and feathery lashes. If you get these basic factors right the rest of your make-up will fall into place
- Don’t be surprised if the style you have been dreaming of doesn’t actually suit you. Most likely it is not the stylists’ ability – more so your differing colouring, face shape, hair type or specific features. Trust your stylist to adapt the style you love to suit both your hair type and face shape
- Every stylists interpretation of a look will be slightly different. It’s important to be engaged in the process. Whist your stylist is doing your hair or makeup please let us know if you’d like it, bigger, straighter, higher, lower, darker, lighter etc. etc. we do not mind you telling us what you think in fact we need you to as this will help us create the perfect look for you
Lastly try and have some one with you at the trial as they know you and they can give you an honest opinion
Thank you SO MUCH Tasha for these amazing tips and insight to wedding hair and makeup, such an important part of the wedding and we feel it deserves some attention, you cannot re-do your wedding photos so make the most of the opportunity to have a little pampering.
You can chat more to Tasha and her team about your wedding or prom hair and makeup by visiting her website – www.nwmake-up.co.uk do let her know where you found her details!
Thanks for visiting and reading the blog once again, see you next week wedding belles
Love from Marie x