It’s easy to get swept along with the fun and excitement of wedding planning (that’s if you’re not totally stressed with all the last minute confirmations and panics!) so we thought you might like our very own checklist of common things that get forgotten along the way …. feel free to comment and add your own below.
- Reserve those seats – remember to block off the front seats at the ceremony for your bridal party and make sure the ushers know where to direct people.
- Pack a small essentials bag either for you or a trusted friend to carry on the day, pop some lipstick, face powder, tissues, nail polish, cash (for tips etc) and mints in there – as well as your phone if you can to keep in touch with those missing guests.
- What a headache – stress and tension on the morning of your wedding day can give you a headache, make sure you pack some painkillers to ward off any niggles before they take over your morning celebrations
- All charged up – remember to pack those chargers for your phone and camera, don’t forget those essential boxes too for your dress and shoes – you’ll want to keep them safe!
- Please stay – if you are staying at your venue overnight and have packed a bag, have you remembered your flat comfortable shoes – being on heels all night might have left you with sore feet and you’ll be grateful for comfort over breakfast. Remember to ask your venue to reserve a table for any overnight guests too so you can catch up on the evenings celebrations. Don’t forget your swimsuit too if your venue has a pool!
- Off on honeymoon – have you checked for all the right visas and passport requirements? And remember to change your name before you go (you may have to take your wedding certificate along to some destinations so make sure you ask for a spare to leave at home)
- Thank you! – OK so the wedding is over but there are still some tasks to complete, don’t forget to write your thank you notes as soon as you are back from honeymoon (pop some photo’s in too)
- Totally Gifted – remember to assign someone to collect your gifts and transport them safely home after the reception, you won’t want to be thinking about carting round boxes in your dress and if you’re off on honeymoon you want to be sure your gifts are safe. This goes for any hired suits too, ask a trusted family member of friend to return these for you whilst you are away
- Eat! – simple thing to forget but whilst you are getting ready don’t forget to have lunch, you will feel rotten without it and any reception drinks will go straight to your head on an empty tummy. Don’t forget to feed those suppliers too, a hungry DJ won’t thank you at midnight!
- Save some for me – if you are caught up in the mingling at the wedding breakfast, make sure you ask someone to save you a favour, a canapé, a drink and a piece of cake, after all you put a lot of effort into planning these and want to ensure you get a taste of them.
Can you think of any more to help our lovely brides out?
See you next time,